Join a growing startup team that is connecting 100,000's of citizens to each other and their government world wide. Our data feeds are distributed by hundreds of media partners who use the data to inform readers and hold their government accountable. SeeClickFix is an affirmative action - equal opportunity employer.
Come join us in remaking the user interface to government. Power to the community!
We believe treating our employees right is important to doing great work. Here are the benefits we are offering right now:
- Competitive Salary
- Equity - Everyone who works here owns a bit of the company's success
- Each engineer gets the latest gear to help them excel at their job
- Conferences - Continue your learning at conferences and we will pick up the tab
- Health insurance benefits
- Three weeks paid time off
SeeClickFix is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a non-discriminatory manner—without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation, or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
We are looking for senior developers (5+ years of experience) who have 2+ years of experience with one or more of the following technology stacks:
- Ruby on Rails developer with DevOps experience
- iOS Mobile Developer
- Android Mobile Developer
Successful applicants will have a history of learning new technologies and working effectively in a team environment. Our engineering practices include agile development, pair programming, test driven development, continuous deployment, and responsive design.
Our product roadmap involves solving problems in the areas of mapping, geospatial databases, workflow management, external integrations, social networks, data analysis, accessibility and more.
Applicants for these position must be …
- Able to work in our New Haven, Connecticut office
- Comfortable with change and continuous learning
- Willing to develop in a pairing environment
- Familiar with testing methodologies and frameworks
- Familiar with building and shipping production applications
- Comfortable with git or other revision control systems
The following aren’t required but would be helpful …
- Devops experience including Heroku, AWS, Linux VMs, chef, etc.
- UI/UX design experience (web or mobile)
- Experience with HTTP based APIs such as REST, JSONAPI, or SOAP
- Familiar with Postgres or other SQL databases in a production environment
- GIS mapping systems or APIs
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a closely related program
Interested? Please send us a message and include the following information:
- A copy of your resume (text or PDF please) and/or links to an online resume
- Links to any other resources that you think would help us learn about you (blog, GitHub, apps, etc)
- A link to an article, blog entry, tutorial, slide deck, etc. about software development or technology that you recently found interesting